gonna fly now (Rocky theme song)

 Every time I hear that song it makes want to get up and start working out.  Probably the reason I don’t listen to it that often. 
This is like the ultimate winner song! 
As soon as we hear the first few beats  we don’t want to waste any time, we don’t want to shuffle we want to run! We want to live life to the fullest, we want to win. 
That’s good because the Bible says to do just that.  Run the race to win the race.  
Sometimes we think a song has to have all these verses and chorus, yet this song has only 30 words! And to top that it was written by two people, actually two girls!!! It took two girls to figure out 30 words. That’s a women’s ministry success story right there. I know some women would not have left it at thirty words, they would have drove us all crazy trying to come up with 3 verses, a chorus and a bridge.  It’s simple leave it alone. 
Trying hard now, it’s so hard now, trying hard now
Getting strong now, won’t be long now, getting strong now
Gonna fly now.
That’s the tale of winners. It’s simple. The Bible says it like this: “we are changed into His image from glory to glory” (2 Cor 3:18) 




There is no expiration date on potential.
I don’t know about you but I want everything God has for me, and I mean everything.  I don’t want Him to hold back. I want to be changed from glory to glory.  That means we aren’t perfect.  That means we won’t be completely perfect till we get to heaven. It means it's simple, there is no potion, there is no magic formula. By God's grace it means we can go from glory to glory. The best part is, it doesn't stop, there is always room for God to take you higher.  His grace doesn't run out.

It's inspiring. 
Like in the movie, it’s inspiring to watch people go from glory to glory. It’s amazing to watch people grow into their destiny.  It’s a privilege and a honor to be apart of it, to be right there as they train and develop.  It’s just plan fun to be in someone’s corner when  God transforms them into a bold lion.  It’s like watching my daughter ride her bike for the very first time, and then a month later go “Mom, look no hands!”  My heart could just burst in those moments. My favorite line in the whole movie was “YO Adrian... I DID IT!”  That’s just good stuff!

I love Rocky moments.
Taking on the next generation to guide, to coach and to run with, will give you a first hand encounter with those unforgettable Rocky moments.  They will challenge you at every turn but together you will go from glory to glory.  
Let me introduce a Rocky to you, actually her nickname is Ricco from the Madagascar Penguins. Yep, the one that blows stuff up. It’s a long story.
Tiffanie McCurdy
 I have watched her grow - like overnight! Sometimes she will ask a question ( I think she does it on purpose) and it will take me a couple of days to answer it. She is going from glory to glory, and it is fun to not only watch but also be apart of. I look forward to the day she says “Look I DID IT!” Hey, wait a minute - she said that the other day. Okay, I look forward to the next time she says it, and the time after that ;).  She is my assistant and I don’t know what I would do without her. She’s a winner and like the song, she makes you want to win, to get up and run the race to win the race.  She will be an ongoing contributer for the blog, in fact tomorrow will be her debut.  She picked the video of the week, and wrote the article. How cool is that! 




Do you have some Rocky's in your ministry?

1 comment:

  1. Yes I have some Rocky's myself and there is NO GREATER JOY. Can't wait to hear from Tiffanie tomorrow!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment