A lesson that I learned from the older generation…… by Tiffanie McCurdy

How long is the wait time?
In this age of everything-at-the-fingertips-get-it-now-and-I-mean-NOW living, it’s a monumental task to have to wait for anything. I mean, remember when the internet was first available & it took forever to load a page, but it was so stinking cool that you sat and stared at the screen until it loaded a section at a time? Now, dial-up is scoffed at! What do you mean it’s not wireless?!?! 


Too many times, I have gotten worked up because I didn’t see or have what I wanted fast enough! I mean, I want it, and I want it NOW! Can anyone relate? Maybe it’s just me. Sometimes the things we are waiting on aren’t “bad” things, we just wish we could kick that bad habit faster, loose those last few pounds in a couple days, or get that promotion we are in line for RIGHT NOW, or maybe NOW...... nope, NOW! Ok, I think you get the point. What I learned is that it is true what they say, good things come to those who wait. 
Rome wasn’t built in a day, and your life won’t be either.
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Check out Lebron James Mashup "Rome wasn't built in a day"



What time did you have to wait and glad you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment